From the Manufacturer
Dominate the open ice with NHL 2005, the most authentic and complete experience for hockey fans around the world. Open Ice Control adds a new dimension of realism to the game play experience, allowing you to utilize the entire ice surface by simultaneously controlling players without the puck. Plus, with the new face-off play calling system, the World Cup of Hockey, and all-new EA SPORTS Free4All, you can light the lamp like never before. NHL 2005 is the hockey experience that is easy to play, but hard to master.
- EA SPORTS OPEN ICE CONTROL: Seamlessly switch between players with or without the puck — call for passes, tell a teammate to shoot, set up a vicious one-timer, or call for a defensive double-team on the fly with the push of a button.
- TOTAL PLAYER AWARENESS: With more player awareness than ever before, make saucer passes just before the blueline, call in a second defender to break up a 2-on-1, or fire off wrist shots at the perfect angle on net.
- FACE-OFF PLAYBOOK: New play calling system allows you to choose offensive and defensive face-off strategies every time the whistle blows. Plan an attack in your opponent’s zone or protect the net right before the puck drops.
- THE WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY: Take part in the excitement of this year’s World Cup of Hockey event featuring teams from USA, Canada, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Russia, Czech Republic, and Slovakia playing in authentic European and North American venues.
- ALL-NEW SKATING ENGINE: Glide then use explosive speed to get to the open ice — now you have more . A refined backwards skating system also allows for unprecedented defensive precision and control.
- EA SPORTS FREE4ALL: The intensity explodes off the ice with EA SPORTS Free4All — one net, one goalie, and every man for himself. Up to four can play and the one who scores the most goals wins.
- NEW XBOX LIVE: For the first time ever, NHL 2005 goes Xbox LIVE. Featuring one-on-one and tournament games, online rankings, and buddy lists — now you can light the lamp like never before.